Frequently Asked Questions About Applications
1. What do I have to do in order to apply to be on staff? You must fill in an application completely by the deadline posted.
2. Are there grade requirements to be on staff? Although there is no minimum grade requirement, we suggest that you maintain a ‘B’ average in your current English class. This is a good indication that you will be able to keep up with the academic demands of Print Journalism.
3. When will I know if I have been accepted to be on staff? We will post a list in the A6 classroom window at the end of the month of February listing those students who have been accepted. You should also receive a personal letter informing you of your status in your English class.
4. Do some people not get accepted? Unfortunately we cannot accept everyone who applies due to the limitations of the class size. If you do not get accepted and you are a qualified candidate – you should check back after students begin to make their schedules for the following year. Some students will not be able to fit Print Journalism into their schedule and therefore some slots will open up.
5. Do you ask for recommendations? You do not need to gather recommendations for the application. However we will approach your current teachers for information regarding your student work.